Saturday, January 2, 2016

Feels Like Sneaking Out

I was at a movie sometime last summer when I first saw a preview for Creed.  It was set to come out around Thanksgiving.  And I just knew I had to see it!
This is a big deal because I rarely go to the theater for adult movies.  Usually I am taking the kids to whatever cartoon thing looks good.
Today I had to go do some work and run some errands.  By the time I was done, my family was out visiting.  So I had a rare opportunity of an unplanned night off of life!!!  So I went to the movies!
The first time I ever went to the movie theater by myself was during a very troubled time in life.  There was so much stuff going on that I just wanted to run and hide.  So I did, at a theater.  It was Michael Clayton; which I didn't really know anything about . . . but George Clooney is my Hollywood crush, so it seemed like a good choice.  And it was a relaxing 119 minutes.  I went by myself and just unplugged my brain from all things reality.
Tonight was not quite as needed to unplug from reality . . . although the break from reality was nice.  Reality is always demanding.  So escaping it from time to time is always good!
For the record, Creed was fantastic.  I knew it would be.  I love the shows with heart.
Tonight I am thankful for a window to run away and do something that I wanted to do that was just for fun and just for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment