Monday, February 15, 2016

Non-Presidential

I will be the first to admit that my family did not really spend today thinking about presidents.  I'm sure whoever thought about creating President's Day had good intentions.  Honestly though, history class at school goes over the presidents much better than I could.
I did take this opportunity with the kids home to bribe them.  If my children could get their chores done while I got my work done, we could go to open swim at the pool.  There were a few rough moments, but they did get done!
So we went off to the pool.  I was a little nervous honestly.  And I can now report that my knee does not like swimming either.  Pffft!  Stupid knee!
The kids had lots of fun!  I think we need to head to the pool more often.  We got pretty lucky today.  There were only a handful of people there.
And of course it is good exercise.  I even had one kiddo fall asleep on the way home!
Tonight I am thankful for President's Day, even if we didn't do anything presidential.  I'm thankful for a day with the kiddos home to play and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment