Friday, March 18, 2016

Eyeballs

Monday I scratched my eyeball while putting in my contact.  I do this fairly regularly to be quite honest.  But this time, like a complete fool, I left my contact in my eye.  I was running out the door for an appointment and was sure my eye would be ok.
I was wrong.  It watered and HURT the entire time.  I postponed my next appointment to come back home and put my glasses on.
Tuesday I tried to put my contacts in and had to kick the wall so I didn't claw the contact back out of my eye.  Wednesday I didn't even try.  Thursday I tried and there was discomfort, but not searing pain.
Today I did it!  I put my contacts in and it didn't hurt!  Hooray!  It was so nice to walk around today in my contacts.  It may seem like a little thing, but it is a huge thing to me!  I am used to my glasses here at home, but not driving.  With the peripheral vision difference, I've almost pulled out in front of at least 5 cars this week.  Please notice the word "almost", I did see the cars at the last minute and stopped, like half way out from where I should be.  I'm a much better driver in contacts!  And I can read signs better!  Since I spend many hours on the road per week, I think around 25 hours in the past five days, this is a big deal.
Tonight I am thankful for being able to wear my contacts today!  I can see clearer!  To see things like this beautiful tiger from tonight's Family Fun Night at the school!

No comments:

Post a Comment