Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Moment

Weather is funny.  When I lived in Jackson County many years ago, it seemed there was always more snow where I lived then the next county north at my mom's house.
For the next 13 years it seems that is the way the weather has been.
Today I left my snowy, slippery driveway; snowy and slippery road; and headed south.  The more south I went, the nicer the weather was.  When I got close to my destination I drove by this lake boat access and saw this lone crane standing there.  He seemed so content.  I pulled in and drove up.  He just turned and looked at me.  I would have stood there longer, but that wind was pretty chilly.  I was a little regretful that I didn't have any little sardines or something to throw to the calm bird.
Of course later today this southern area got their fare share of snow too.  That fact too makes this picture even more tranquil.  Animals have their inherit ability to know when bad weather is coming.  This feathered guy had to have known that soon his lake was going to be a bit colder and a maybe frozen.  And he probably knew that the spot he was standing would be covered in snow.  But he wasn't worried.  Look how calm he was, just standing there, enjoying the beautiful scene in front of him in a silent moment before the storm.
Sometimes things don't show in pictures.  I hope the calm shows thru this picture.  Tonight I am thankful for a moment of calm and quiet thankfulness in another busy day.  I am thankful for a moment of nature proving rest assured that though a storm may be coming, everything will be fine.  Life brings storms.  Worrying only steals moments like these of calm to prepare and sturdy yourself before a storm.   Matthew 6:26 " Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" 




No comments:

Post a Comment