Saturday, March 26, 2016

Ready

I noticed the start of Lent.  I heard Easter was coming.  I don't know . . somehow, I just never really expect Easter in March.  Easter is more an April holiday for me.
So yes, I was unprepared.  I had made plans weeks before for Saturday afternoon.  (Thank you to my friend, for letting those reschedule!)  It was Tuesday when I thought to stop at the store and get things for Easter baskets.  It was that day as well that I had the kids bring down the Easter box of decorations.  Not even a whole week before Easter . . . tsk . . tsk . . tsk . . .
I have a collection of Easter movies.  The kids haven't watched any yet.  My favorite is the Veggie Tale Easter Carol.  If you haven't seen it before, I highly recommend it.  It is great for telling children the story of Easter and bringing in the plastic eggs.  We'll watch the Easter movies tomorrow!
We got the eggs colored tonight.  The hubster and Uncle Bill were enlisted to help fill and hide plastic eggs tonight.  And we are ready for the morning!  The kids have instructions not to come down the stairs until at least 7am.
Tonight I am thankful for being ready on time for Easter!  But more than that, I am thankful for the first Easter, which brought about life.  We'll talk with the kids about that tomorrow while we munch on candy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment