Friday, March 25, 2016

Reminders

Do you ever notice that sometimes the things you should be doing keep getting reminded to you in life?  I have prayed on several occasions for God to please help me see the things that I need to be doing, because I often miss things.
This morning I was reading an article from my favorite Facebook following of Entrepreneur.  The articles are just good to keep myself in the right frame of mind and to keep being encouraged!  Well the part that struck me today was about goal setting.  I've always set goals.  On occasion I've written them down.  And I have different goals, short term, long term, etc.
The article was talking about writing down specific goals by timeline and writing down the plans to get there.  Honestly, I'm not really sure if I've ever written down a whole collection of goals and plans.  I scribble thoughts down sometimes.  I have notebooks and notebooks of scribbles.  I put sticky notes up sometimes to remind myself where I want to be.  But I really don't think I've ever done it quite the way the article suggested.
Then this afternoon I was sitting at CP Federal Credit Union with the girl scouts (by the way I love my credit union!  And they have some awesome programs to educate kids and teens about a variety of money things, budgeting, investing, etc.  And they really care about what they are doing!).  Anyway, I was there and the last worksheet that they handed to the girls was about budgeting goals.  It was to help the girls write out very specifically what their money goals were short term, intermediate, and long term.  Then, there was another section to break down those goals in to smaller pieces . . . like planning for the goals.
Hmmm . . . twice in one day.  Well, I know what I'll be doing this weekend.  I have so many goals and so many plans.  And I'll admit, sometimes they do seem to get a bit tangled.  This is a busy weekend with Easter and all.  But this weekend, I'll be putting pen to paper and planning this all out!  I have faith that this can only lead to good!
Tonight I am thankful for those reminders that God sets up to push us forward and guide us to the next step.  I feel like I've grown so much with so much knowledge about more concrete plans and greater dreams lately.  I'll stay on this path whole-heartedly!  I can't wait to see how far it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment