Thursday, April 7, 2016

Fab Four

One of the best sounds in the entire world is the sound of my children laughing together.  Today the house found many of these wonderful sounds!
This has been a very laid back break for the kids.  Hanging with a sick mom this week who has been struggling to keep up with work, has not left a lot of get-away opportunities for my fabulous four.  But that hasn't stopped them!  In fact, I think it has been a great thing for them to be here at home with no pressing schedules for several days.
The first couple days were touch and go:  some moments of getting-along, and many moments of fighting.  The next couple days were a little better.  Then there was today.  I did have to play referee a little bit today.  But for the most part, my babies spent the day actually reconnecting with the special bond between them.
There are many days where they get along.  But then there are days like today when they are a team again; when they remember they can be silly with each other; when they feel safe to let down the guards that the world is slowly building in them.  And these are the moments that I love the best.
Tonight I am thankful for days like today when the kids connect so well and seem to go back to the days when it was just these four in their own little world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment