Saturday, April 23, 2016

One of Those

Today was busy.  According to my time clock app on my phone, I worked 7 hours today.  It should have been more actually.
Last night, when I went to bed I set my alarm for 4:30 this morning.  BUT, when I woke up this morning, the sun was shining.  Turns out, if you use your cell phone for your alarm clock, it is a good idea to have the volume up . . . oops!
So . . . yeah . . . I jumped out of bed and got right to work.  I had a 9:30 appointment and several stops after that.
When I got home, I went down to the basement gym.  I really haven't spent enough time down there this week.  I got an ok workout in before I had to get ready for a wedding.
The wedding was beautiful!  The reception was nice.  I stepped outside to take a phone call and saw the beautiful sunset over the lake.  It was one of those moments when time stands still.  The dj was thumping inside.  But outside was quiet and peaceful.  I was fortunate enough to slip in to a moment where the pace of the day just melted away and the beauty around me was overwhelming.
Tonight I am thankful for a day of getting things done.  But I am more thankful for the moments to remember to be still and enjoy the beautiful works of God that are around us every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment