Saturday, April 16, 2016

Oops

So I'll admit it, I felt like the absolute worst mother in the world when I realized that I scheduled a DCAA Cheerleading fundraiser on my son's birthday.  It seriously didn't even dawn on me.  I had looked at the calendar, and saw that nothing was scheduled, so we went with it.  I wasn't even paying attention to the date itself.
Then my son saw the flier and made a little sound that was half-heart broken.  He didn't even have to say it.  I saw his eyes staring at the screen, and then it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I asked if he wanted to come and learn cartwheels.  He said no.  I said, well maybe Daddy can take you and Sam to Toys-R-Us then.  And that was a good plan.  He had a coupon in the mail for his birthday.  He emptied his Spend and Save envelopes and bought himself some Pokemon!  And he got the royal Toys-R-Us birthday treatment complete with a crown and balloon!  Whew!  But I still feel crappy about it.
Then his sister had a soccer game.  He was ok with that too.  There was a playground there.  And it was such a nice day!
Back home we played outside for awhile.  We let the birthday boy get one present before his cake celebration . . . a new bike!  It was such a wonderful day to go riding around the yard!
We finished the day with his dinner pick of pancakes, bacon, and hash browns.  He even took it easy on me this year with his cake pick.  It was a Pokemon who looks like a pink blob.  I think it was the fastest cake I've ever done!
Tonight I am thankful for a Happy Birthday for Cody!  I was worried when I realized my scheduling mistake.  But it turned out to be a wonderful day to turn 8 after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment