Friday, April 8, 2016

Other People

Sometimes other people can surprise you.  Today was one of those days.
I went this morning to get some blood drawn.  I had intentions of getting there early.  But I didn't make it.  So it was packed when I got there.  I took a number and got a chair.  There were only a few chairs left.  People kept coming in.  Soon there were no chairs left.
Then a woman came in holding a baby.  She took a number too and looked around.  I was about to get up and offer her my seat, and two other people were doing the same thing!  That was good thing #1.
There was a man in there, who had been seated since I got there.  When it came close to his number, his wife went over and suggested to him that he start getting up out of his chair because it would take him awhile.  He said no.  And when it was his turn, it was apparent that moving around for him was very difficult.  He had two forearm crutches to help him.  Later he came back out and was putting on his coat.  As you can imagine, that was difficult for him.  A woman's number was called for her turn.  And on her way back, she stopped and helped the man with his coat. Good thing #2.
As he made his way to the door, he was eyeing the handicap button to open the door.  Instead a younger person jumped up from their seat and held the door for him.  Good thing #3.
I'll admit I was not very excited about sitting in that waiting room for a half hour this morning.  But tonight I am thankful that I did.  I am thankful that in a 30 minute window, on a Friday morning in Mason, I saw three different people prove that other people still have a lot of good in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment