Thursday, April 21, 2016

Re-Prioritizing

I have had my license to sell real estate for almost 10 years.  I think I told someone 9 years the other day, but it is almost 10 years.  I had a goal before I had Gracie to get my Real Estate Salesperson license and my Certified Residential Appraiser license.  I had been an appraiser for almost two years at that time and was setting some good goals.
After baby #3 and baby #4, I kept setting goals.  After some big life hiccups and mess-ups, I kept setting goals.  Some goals were realistic, some were not.  Some were made out of frustration or exhaustion; and those weren't the best goals.
So I've been spending some time lately to make some good next goals.  At the beginning of this year I had set a goal for me to get my last appraiser license by the end of this year.  Honestly though, that wasn't very realistic for my life right now.  Because last year I had made a goal to have my own Real Estate Brokerage company up and running by the end of the year (2015).  And that goal was reached . . to a point.
It takes awhile to do something like this.  I have some plans for this company.  I have some goals and some strategies that I want implemented.  I have a wonderful agent working with me, who probably doesn't even realize how much she's helping me right now to form the flow of this company.  It needs a bit of time still and some experimenting with procedures.
I've been reminding myself lately that I can't do it all . . . and that doesn't make me a failure.  So the next appraiser license goal is delayed.  I'm ok with that.  I want to build this brokerage strong and steady first.  And at this moment, it needs more of my work time.
There are 24 hours in a day.  And I am working on setting goals in a way that leaves enough of those hours for taking care of me and spending time with my family as well.  It sounds easy enough I suppose.  But I have troubles with implementation of time boundaries!
Tonight I am thankful for the chance to change goals and to re-prioritize them with a clear and clean conscious.  I think I've spent enough time now believing that I could have possibly squeezed any more effort out myself before exhaustion has set in.  I'm learning my limits . . . I know I'll always push them . . . but I'll keep them in mind when I make my goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment