Saturday, April 30, 2016

Wonderful

Oh, what a wonderful night!
We had the privilege of attending a wedding of two very special people.
Ok, well I've written and deleted a few times here.  I think the best thing to say is that, I've known the bride for many years.  I've seen life try it's best to kick the crap out of her, and she has stood strong, loving, and open hearted thru it all.  I've known the groom for just a few years.  And I've seen how much he loves his bride and their family.  It's heartwarming and inspiring to watch these two from a distance and know that there are people out there that make good decisions because they are the right decisions to make.
There was a time that I assumed that my involvement with their family was over.  It wasn't anything I had done personally.  But if I were in her shoes, I don't know as if I'd have wanted me around.  Yet she's welcomed me at every corner and left no question that family is defined only by love and not by blood.
Tonight I am thankful for being able to witness such a wonderful celebration of love!  I've thought for years that the smiles on the bride and groom as they walk down the aisle at the end of the ceremony is a good indication of the years to come.  And tonight had both with radiating smiles that lit up the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment