Thursday, May 5, 2016

Late

Just a little "rest of the story" from last night's blog:  1) I added an emergency trip to the orthodontist today, making the total dental visits for the week equally the big #4!  Crazy!  2)  All 4 kiddos had No Cavities!!  :)  Hooray!
Ok, moving on, with all the extra appointments this week, I had to make evening work assignments for myself.  I very much dislike doing that.  But, a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.
While we were at the dentist office, I was playing on my phone and saw a bike for sale.  A good bike!  A really good bike!  And, it was only about a mile from the house I had an appointment at tonight!
See, I had a new bike for a present two birthdays ago.  And I killed it last summer.  We usually buy a bicycle from Meijer or Wal-Mart.  And I guess when a person is an adult size and riding 15 miles, that those kinds of bikes just aren't good enough.
A couple weeks ago I went to the MSU used bike sale.  Although I didn't buy a bike from there, I did talk to some very knowledgeable bike people who told me some things to look for and some brands that are good.
With my new found knowledge, and my smart phone to reference things, I went to go look at the bike.  And . . . . drum-roll please . . . . I am now the proud owner of a Diamondback Wildwood bike ($350 - starting price new) for only $80!!  I looked the bike all over.  With my limited knowledge, it's in very good condition!  It looks only a couple years old.  And now it is all mine!!!!
Tonight I am thankful for my new bike!!!  I can't wait to ride and ride and ride without worrying that the thing is going to fall apart beneath me! And I am very thankful that none of the kids had cavities!  That is always something to be thankful for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment