Friday, May 20, 2016

Not Stuck

Well, I gave this week my all.  I really did.
Several days working way too many hours.  Nights without enough sleep - yes, even after my resolve to do better.  Deadlines missed with clients.  Bedtimes missed with kids.  Dinner?  Um, I think everyone ate this week.
I don't know.
I won't be defeated though.  Turning this mess around will take work.
Things will get easier, and harder in three weeks when school is out.  But I won't wait until then.  I'll keep trying.
I'm going to work a little more this weekend.  I'm going to take advantage of these two days to try and give myself a head start for next week.  Because I didn't do that last weekend, and I spent all week scrambling.
In the past I would consider myself a bit of a failure at this point.  But I won't.  It's funny now with the Dave Ramsey stuff we've been thru; I kind of keep going back to that.  When we first made a budget that actually worked, it took months.  It really did.  It took awhile of watching what we were actually doing.  And then it took some trial and error to see what we could do better and how we could ration things to be enough.  It's the same thing now, but with time and schedules.
Tonight I am thankful for resolve that I am not stuck in this rut.  I will break out!  One way or another!!

No comments:

Post a Comment