Sunday, May 1, 2016

Setting It Right!

Last week I worked with the goal to be there for my customers and my family.  This week I will also be there for myself!  I've made some goals.
Goal #1)  Sleep at least 7 hours a night.
  Sound reasonable enough, doesn't it?  But I really have problems with this because I think: well, I could make it on 5 hours and then I could get this other report done.  NO!  This week I will tell myself NO!  I will tell myself that my health and well being are more important than a couple more hours of work!
Goal #2)  Don't eat crappy food.
  Should be easy enough, right?  And it very well might be.  Because when I am sleep deprived, I reach for more sugar to keep me energized.  Or I just sit and munch because I'm not really caring what I'm doing, as long as I'm staying awake.
  I went and bought groceries today.  I bought healthy snacks.  I've prepped just a little food for the week.  But, a little is better than nothing!
Goal #3) Exercise this week.
  I pretty much went Monday thru Friday last week doing nothing.  I was all excited last night because I was dancing without pain.  It was wonderful to be able to be on a dance floor and move, like really move and have my knee comply with no arguments!  I had dreams of Zumba-ing last night!  Alas, I woke up this morning with a swollen, angry knee.  Technically I have five more months before I should be all back to normal, so I'm not getting down about it.  And there is still plenty that I can do, and will be doing tomorrow morning!  The stationary bike, the elliptical, and my weights are ready and waiting for me!
Tonight I am thankful for including myself as more of a priority this week!  It is ok to sacrifice one's well being for a short time for the greater good, I think so anyway.  But not to let it become a lifestyle, as I have done in the past.  So, I'm setting it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment