Sunday, June 26, 2016

Ah - Ha!

Have you ever had one of those Ah-Ha moments?  I've had a series of them this week.
I've just been talking with some people, and the words that came out of my mouth made me think.  It's funny when that happens.  My mind wasn't quite up with what my spirit already knew.
God made peoples' minds and spirits different for a reason of course.  Your mind is a wonderful tool in life!  But your spirit is smarter - in my opinion.  Probably because this is where God speaks.
So, back to my story, I was talking to a few different people and the things that I was saying were enlightening.  I've known that this Dave Ramsey stuff was good.  I knew that being debt free would be freeing and wonderful.  But, what I didn't know until this week is why this is so important to me.
I'm scared.  That's why.  After a bad situation several years ago, I thought things would never be that bad again.  And they haven't been.  But the next time things took a little downward turn, I got more spooked than I let myself acknowledge.  I was busy being brave and standing strong.  And now that the dust has settled, I can see it now.
It's more than I WANT to do follow these Dave Ramsey steps and live free.  It is that I NEED to.  I need to for my own well being.  No more stress.  No more worries.  No more nagging concerns just on the edge of my thoughts.
The borrow is indeed servant of the lender.  Not physically in my case.  But mentally and spiritually.  And I'm after freedom.  I'm after my independence from the banks.  This is God's plan.  He never planned on his children living a life controlled by others.  And isn't that what happens with debt?
I tell ya, this realization has stoked the fire in my plans!  And they certainly weren't cold plans to begin with.  Realizing that these plans are just more than "Good Plan", has been an awakening.  These plans are instrumental in my well being!  These plans are personal now.  These plans aren't a goal in my checkbook.  These plans are a goal within my self.
I'd say from here I'm going to push harder; but this time I'm going to push smarter.  I've been pushing harder and harder and harder until my body has been waving a white flag.  That's not a good plan.  I've got a few better ideas.  And here I go with renewed and heightened resolve!
Tonight I am thankful for learning the things that my spirit already knew.  I'm thankful for seeing why this goal is so important to me.  And I'm thankful for enough experience behind me now to keep reworking this plan to keep it the most efficient it can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment