Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Little Tricks

Tonight, as I pack my bag for the trip tomorrow, I folded up a reusable grocery bag.  I learned this little trick from another mom on another field trip.  She had her reusable bag folded up tiny in her purse and produced it on demand for a child who had decided to start a rock collection on the field trip.  And I thought, Hmmm, that's a good idea for all souvenirs!  I don't know about you, but I have had many times when I put my hands in my pockets or my purse and find pine cones, rocks, flowers, etc.  A bag would have been a good idea at those times!
Sometimes I also keep Ziploc baggies in my purse.  This trick was gleaned from someone I saw at a restaurant who didn't want to keep just a little leftovers . . not carry around a large box.
I heard of one woman who kept a pizza cutter in her purse to cut children's food up at restaurants.  That would have been a good one.  I'm at the point now where my kids can all cut their own food though.
Even now with my kids being a bit older, I still carry with me at almost all times 1) wet wipes 2) tissues 3) band aids and 4) something to write on and with for bored kids.  These things just come in handy.
Tonight I am thankful for nice little tricks that I've learned from watching other people over the years!  I know there are more . . . but my brain is headed for sleepy land already!

No comments:

Post a Comment