Thursday, June 2, 2016

Pizza Power!

Three years ago I went on my first 4th Grade Mackinac Field Trip.  I wasn't entirely sure what to expect, even with an itinerary and some prep meetings at the school prior to the trip.  The thing that had me the most nervous perhaps was the hotel room.
There was my daughter and I in one bed.  And two other girls in the other bed.  The two other girls did not get along.  I was warned of this by my daughter and by one of the other girls.  The girls did decide that one girl would get the bed and the other girl was going to sleep on the floor.  But I was still nervous.  This was supposed to be a good trip and I didn't want any bad feelings.
I couldn't come up with a good plan.  Well, that night we had dinner, went to a Lumberjack Show, and then drove about 45 minutes to the hotel.  By the time we got to our room, I was a little hungry again.  The girls all said that they were also.  So I ordered a pizza.  Everyone loves pizza!  And it set a good tone.  The next morning, we all had breakfast together, all three girls watched ESPN while getting ready (kinda surprised me there!), we packed, and left with everyone being nice to each other!
Last year I had three boys with me.  One of the boys had a little hard time staying away from home.  I figured a full tummy would definitely help.  So we got a pizza and bread sticks.  It worked wonderfully!
This year the pizza was expected :)  I wasn't quite as hungry tonight.  But I did eat a slice.  And the girls loved it :)  In two years I'll have my last fourth grade Mackinaw trip.  It'll be sad and a great time at once!  And I'm sure we'll have more yummy pizza; as became our new Mackinaw Trip tradition!
Tonight I am thankful for yummy pizza and the wonderful way it makes kids happy on overnight school trips!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment