Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Really Matters


I had thoughts of what I would write tonight.  A few different pretty good ideas actually.  Then I read an update.
A woman the next town over, whom I've never met (but that really doesn't matter), a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend, is losing her battle with cancer.
I can't imagine having to ever say goodbye to my babies.  The thought brings tears to my eyes.  And reading that this woman was told that she has a week left to live, with the pictures of her babies right there on the screen, my tears flowed freely.
I hugged my own babies a little longer tonight before bed.  I'll probably go upstairs in the night and watch them sleep.  I am thankful, so very thankful to get to be their mother.  I pray for this woman.  I think saying goodbye to your babies would be worse than death itself.  There is nothing to prepare a mother or a child for that.  I pray for her husband and her children who will have to go on without her.  No amount of time or preparation could really have them ready for that.
Tonight I am thankful for getting to spend my days with my family.  All the other stuff is really irrelevant.  The house is nice.  Having a job is good.  The animals are fun.  But at the end of the day, my family is what matters most.  I thank God for them.  And I pray that I never lose sight of what a blessing and a privilage it is to be able to live this life every day.
I found this online, so I thought I would pass it along:
https://www.gofundme.com/wqcxkhnc

No comments:

Post a Comment