Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Two Places

There are times in parenting when a person just kind of crosses their fingers, hopes for the best, and takes a step forward.  Some days this is a metaphorical situation.  Some days it is physical.
Today was physical.
Several weeks ago I had scheduled an orthodontist appointment for my daughter, for today.  Then basketball camp ended up being this week also.  Logistically, they both should have worked out.  Drop two children at basketball, drive slightly above the speed limit to the orthodontist, complete check up, and drive back in time to pick up children.  Yup, it all should work fine.
Then we got to this morning and I started freaking out a little.  What if we got stuck in traffic?  What if the orthodontist was running behind?  What if a kiddo got hurt at basketball?  I simply can't be in two places at once no matter how hard I try!
I came up with some pretty crappy Plan B's for kids, just in case I couldn't make it all work.  Now I am a big fan of Plan B's.  But I just didn't have good alternatives here except for children to sit and wait for me.
I'll cut to the chase, it all worked out :)
Tonight I am thankful that there was no traffic, the orthodontist was on time, and everyone was where they needed to be!  Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment