Thursday, June 30, 2016

We Did It!

Operation Surprise the Birthday Girl was a success!!
Turning 13 is a big deal, ya know?  I was hoping to make it special.  We started with her siblings serving her breakfast in bed - their idea even!  She came downstairs to confetti balloons (those things are a pain, let me tell ya!), a "Happy Birthday" banner, and some fun photo Birthday props!
She was allowed a day off from chores.  She got her requested waffles for lunch!
Sadly, the girl did NOT want to leave her pj's or the house today!  I had this surprise dinner planned for her.  So I had to give her a whole spiel about how her dad and I forgot to plan for dinner, blah, blah, blah, we should just go out.  Finally she saw she couldn't win, so she reluctantly dragged herself upstairs and changed her clothes.
I said I had to go have a paper signed, so I snuck out of the house early to go meet her friends at the restaurant.  They were so excited to surprise her!
It was great!  She was totally surprised!  I had bought a Birthday Girl pin, a tinsel tiara, and a Birthday Sash for her to wear :)  She was a sport and kept the pin and the tiara on for awhile.
Tonight I am thankful for surprising my birthday girl!  Two days and I have a birthday hubby to surprise!  We've got a good plan for that day too!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment