Saturday, July 2, 2016

Bargain!

Long before Dave Ramsey, I was a bargain hunter!  I am not ashamed of my love for great second hand bargains!  Are you kidding?  I don't even understand the people who think that I should be ashamed for scouring a garage sale!  I think those people are strange who would rather pay $50 for a pair of pants, when I step out of my car on to some one's lawn and pay 50 cents for the same thing that was just worn a few times rather than off the shelf.  I don't get it!
This summer I haven't garage sale'd too much.  We really have enough stuff in this house.  But I do like to look for blankets at garage sales.  I wash them, dry them, bag them up, and put them in the attic.  This started a few years ago when there was a huge need for blankets in the cold.  I gave away all our houses' extra blankets that winter and then it hit me the following summer that I could just save them up at $1 a piece!  I have plans to expand to stocking up on winter coats, but I need to organize the attic first!
Anyway, today the kids and I had some places to go.  We stopped at a couple garage sales.  One was wonderful!  Every once in awhile we find one garage sale that makes all the other garage sales worth the time!  I got excited when we pulled up because the woman was putting a "1/2 Off Everything" sign up!  
I got a few little things for really, really cheap.  AND I bought four boxes of clothes for $10.  Everything was labeled about my size and the boxes said "work clothes".  I had looked thru the first couple things in the box and it looked like the lady had good taste.  So imagine my surprise when I got home, started loading things in to the washing machine, and found several brand new items with the tags still on them!  The majority of the items in the boxes were good name brands and in pretty much new condition!  I couldn't believe it!  I have a whole new work wardrobe for only $10!  
Last year I was blessed with many new shoes and clothes from my aunt.  Many of these items have been pilfered by my daughter who is now close to my size.  But I did get to keep many nice things at that time!
I am feeling so blessed!  I have to tell you, I really am.  Designers and keeping up with styles have never been something that I've thought much about.  But no one would know it looking at my clothes collection now!
We have some renovation plans this year to move my office and create a walk in closet.  Boy do I need it now!  Maybe I should pick up a sledge hammer tomorrow and get started!! I need some room to organize my clothes :)
Tonight I am thankful for the clothing blessings that have been in front of me.  Honestly, if I won the lottery I don't think I'd spend the retail price of all these clothes.  But free from my aunt and $10 at a garage sale are right up my alley!!

No comments:

Post a Comment