Wednesday, July 13, 2016

First Time

Today I went to the chiropractor for the very first time.  The hubster has been going for years and it has helped him immensely.  But I don't have any back problems.  There was never a need for me to go.
Then I read about neck/spine influences on thyroid if something is out of whack there.  With all my natural endeavours here to fix my broken thyroid, I figured I'd better check it out. 
I give todays a visit two thumbs up.  I do have some pressure on the thyroid related ones - sorry I'm not all technical about it yet.  I also had a little uneven-ness from my knee.
I really thought I was doing good with the knee stuff!  I mean, it still is a pain.  I can't exercise two days in a row without it swelling up for the rest of the week.  I can't run.  I can't do many things.  But I can do more and more all the time.  I can kneel now.  I can sit on a stool and put my foot back on the foot bar.
Mainly though, I have worked very hard to walk evenly from as soon as I started physical therapy.  When the hubster had his first knee surgery, he walked unevenly.  He never did his physical therapy - he should be grounded, right?  And by the time he went to the chiropractor for the first time, he had a whole slew of problem.  Years of favoring one leg over the other (from several knee surgeries at that time), had twisted his hips from walking crooked.  When you twist your hips, you twist / put pressure on the bottom of your spinal cord.  And guess what happens then?  Everything those nerves control gets messed with.
Needless to say, the hubster loves the chiropractor.  He has improved greatly since going.
I am excited to see what kind of progress can be made with myself too!  Sitting and looking at computer screens all day has gotten to me. I  try to sit straight, but I haven't.  And it has taken away from the curve that my neck / spine should have.  And that is putting pressure on the thyroid nerves.  Interesting, isn't it??? 
Well I think it is!  Plus, this particular chiropractor is a natural cure enthusiast.  He attends seminars and is quite knowledgeable about all the things I've been learning about including essential oils and iodine!  We are going to have many great chats in the future!
Tonight I am thankful for my first visit to the chiropractor!  I hope this is the start of some very good things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment