Sunday, July 17, 2016

Standing and Sitting

About a year or so ago I had posted about putting bricks under my desk to make it a standing desk.  That worked very well.  Until I tore my PCL and couldn't stand here.  I had brought in a stool and pulled things up to rest my leg on.  It worked, but it still wasn't the best.
Since that time I have been researching desks that go from standing to sitting heights.  There are several different options out there.  Some are electronic - I saw these as just more to break on them.  I found a crank one.  I found ones that sit on top of a regular desk and move just a small area (big enough for a laptop) up and down.  I looked and looked and looked.  A new desk isn't a small expense, so I wanted to make sure that I got something I liked that would work.
Last week my new desk arrived.  Knowing we were having the garage sale, I figured it was as good of time as any to get in the new desk and sell the old.  The old desk being on the bricks was making me worried.  People and animals kept hitting the bricks while walking around and I didn't want the desk to fall on anyone!
Yesterday the new desk got put in my office and set up.  I love it!
An added bonus is that it doesn't have drawers like the old desk.  I loved the drawers on the old desk.  I had room for everything!  Then I cleaned out the drawers to sell the desk.  Do you know what happens when you have room for everything?  I have found out, that when there is lots of storage, I keep more than I need to.  There were things in those drawers that I haven't seen since I first put them in the drawers four years ago.  I found things I hid from the kids.  I found things that I thought the kids lost.  I found things I had forgotten about completely.  Yep . . all sorts of stuff.
Tonight I am thankful for my new desk!  It will help keep me simplified, organized, and healthy.  Oh, and did I mention it was on sale?  I found an internet special for $300 off - more than half the price!!  Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment