Thursday, July 7, 2016

Water Hose

I started off today hitting snooze an unknown amount of times.  Finally I dragged myself out of bed.  I stumbled down the hall to my office.  I don't know what happened, but something just clicked and I was awake!  I was determined and on task.  I was just crushing the tasks before me.
Boom, boom, boom, I was knocking it out of the park!  Then somewhere around this evening, seeing how much was still here, I lost it somewhere. This determination and energy has exited.  It's a bummer.  I was sitting here contemplating how to get this drive back, when I heard the kids.
They had been sent outside to feed and water the animals.  I looked out the window and there was the two youngest in a full out water fight with the hose and some big water gun.  They were giggling and laughing and having fun.
Now they did have to be reminded to finish their chores.  And they did finish.  But in the meantime, they had a blast - as life should be, work AND play.
Tonight I am thankful for my children.  They have a way of keeping life in perspective.  They have a way of making me smile.  They have a way of just knowing the important things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment