Friday, August 5, 2016

Friday

For awhile I wasn't getting excited about Fridays anymore.  I work weekends, even if just for a few hours.  I can't remember the last weekend that I didn't work.  So Fridays were just another day.
The last several Fridays I've gotten a little more excited.  Only about a third of my appraisal clients work weekends.  So weekends are a time to do more fun realtor work and try to catch up on appraisal work.
This week just started out so bad.  I don't remember having a day as bad as this Monday was in a long, long time.  Tuesday got a little better.  Wednesday got a little better, especially ending with fun family time at the fair.  Thursday was better with the fun ballgame with my son.  But even with that, I had to keep the mindset not to stress about the work I left at home.  Believe me, I kept that mindset and we had fun!  And we walked out of the ballpark and I saw all the voicemails on my phone, I intentionally did not check a single one until we were back home.  Today was the best day yet.
And I'm excited it's Friday.  I have a lot to get done this weekend!  But, there is a whole lot of possibilities to kick some butt for two whole days without constant phone and email distractions!
Tonight I am thankful for Friday.  I am thankful for a weekend without impatient people.  And I am thankful for sleep . . . 'cause I'm going to bed right now.  I am excited to go to bed at 8:10 on a Friday!  Seriously excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment