Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Less is More

Today was a first for me.  I went out to appraise my very first "tiny home".  I've seen them on tv and in the magazines.  And there I was in one!
I'll admit, when I pulled the county records, I thought there was a mis-print.  A house newly built, with just around 400 square feet?  That's a garage size.
Then I got out there . . and I think I could totally do it!  Well, not with a family.  My first house was 716 sq feet and it seemed pretty small.  But some days, as I go from room to room, looking at space to clean and the "stuff" that lives in the space; I want less.  I sometimes daydream back to my little house that was easy to clean and then I was free to go and enjoy life!
I have dreams of having enough time to go thru things in this house again.  I think we did a pretty good job for our garage sale this past summer.  But I didn't even touch the attics or the closets.  I am thoroughly appreciating shedding myself of my pack-rat tendancies.  I do have a long way to go.  I think having four children and all their stuff certainly helps with that!
Tonight I am thankful for the dream of less.  It's a rather liberating feeling, in a society of more, more, more; to realize that a more enjoyable life for me, will have less, less, less.  I should be able to do that . .  after awhile ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment