Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Eye on the Prize

In case any of you have been paying attention to my budget/Dave Ramsey posts over the last year or so, I want to be brutally honest about this journey . . . sometimes it sucks.
I am so tired of working 70-80 hours/week.  I am tired of trying to figure out how to get at least 7 hours of sleep and still get everything else done that needs to get done.  I am tired of waking up at 2am, 3am, or 4am.  I miss lounging time with a warm blanket and a good book.  I miss spending time in my kitchen making wonderful meals for my family.  Yup, sometimes it sucks.
BUT, here's what I do when it sucks; I keep my eye on the prize.  This is just temporary.  As much as I grow tired, it is truly a blessing that my industry is booming right now and there is more work that I can handle.  It is a blessing to be able to have an outlet to utilize to chase this dream and watch it coming true little by little.  It is good to be a lesson to the children in actions as well as in speech.  They don't just hear me talk about our budget and about the restraints of debt; they see it.  They see the budget in action.  They see hard work in action to payback money that has been borrowe.  And they've seen the excitement and relief that we share with each debt that is paid in full.  I pray this is a big life lesson for these four to see how much work it takes to get out of the debt-trap.  I hope this makes a big impression on them as they grow and get tempted to charge up a credit card or just sign away for a new, shiny car.
The biggest part of the dream that keeps me going is the freedom.  I want the freedom of not owing anything to anyone.  I want it so bad I can feel it.  My daydreams involve picturing a life where we are free to enjoy an afternoon off without worry of the bottom-line, because we will have made good decisions to provide for that afternoon, worry free!
Tonight I am thankful that although this road sucks a little at times; the end of this road will be glorious!  The end of this road will be the beginning of a new road!  And I'm ready to head down it!

No comments:

Post a Comment