Tuesday, September 6, 2016

My Time

Some days, like today, I just get tired of everything.  There is always so much to do.  So much work, so many chores, so many places to be; I just get tired with life at times.  I'd prefer to run away for awhile . . maybe to a beach.  I guess what compounds this is looking at my calendar.  Fall sports are in full swing and I have two months of scribbles covering every single day between now and Gracie's birthday.  That isn't really exciting at all.
So yeah, I've been a bit sulky.  This morning I got to help a stuck little birdy and that was a nice reminder to stop sulking and only thinking about myself.  I brightened a little with that.
Then I was settled down enough to enjoy the sunshine today.  It was a beautiful day and I had a lot of driving to do.  I love driving back roads in the sun.  So I relaxed a bit and just enjoyed the view on my way from one place to another.
Tonight I am thankful for moments of peace in a busy life.  The kids are growing and in to so many things.  And it is great to see them take interest in things.  But one of my favorite song lyrics will always be "Time is a thief I would rob".  Everything goes so fast, it's hard to find the pause button sometimes.  Today I found it while cruising with the windows down and my hair tied back.

No comments:

Post a Comment