Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Trying

Some days it's hard to write this blog.  I have a lot to be thankful for.  I know this.
But today was kind of a crappy day.
A very dear man was given a not good outlook on his future today.  I cried most of the morning.  He'll be ok for awhile.  Then he'll get much worse.  Then maybe he'll be able to get better, if he can adjust to a new way of life.  If he will.  66 is a long time to live and then get used to physically functioning completely different.
Then I had lunch with a friend who is moving out of the state.  I've never been a fan of goodbyes or see you laters.  And today was just not a good day for it after the morning news.
So I'll be thankful that at least the diagnosis was life.  I'll be thankful for the new opportunity for my friend.  I'll be thankful for getting to drive in the sun and calm down.  I'll be thankful for a quick nap in the parking lot while waiting for my son to finish practice.  I'll be thankful for a warm bed to crawl in to because I've had enough of today!  Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment