Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Almost Out

I have shared on here before that I am not the world's best scheduler.
In reality, I think I'm probably a good scheduler, I just try to do too much.  But sometimes, I just ignore looking at the schedule.  I think I remember what is on the schedule.  So I say yes to things, relying on my memory for assurance that it's all possible.  Then I go to write things down and am faced with the reality that I've screwed up . . . again . . .
Such has been my world for the past several weeks.  I somehow completely over-scheduled my work load.  Sometimes I do this on purpose, thinking I can handle it . . at least then I'm prepared for a mess.  Recently though, it was on accident.  I accepted orders from my phone without consulting my schedule.  My brilliant idea of months ago to schedule e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g so I couldn't screw up was completely gone.  And I have been scrambling to catch up every since.
I have worked myself and un-slept myself in to migraine territory again.  **Thank God for peppermint!  I applied about a gallon of it today.  If I catch it at the start, it does help!  I have apologized and apologized and apologized to clients for late reports.  I have worked and worked and worked until my eyes are crossed.
Yesterday was almost too much.  I thought I had a good plan going.  Then I got a call about an order I forgot.  It was bad.  I had to rearrange plans to keep catching up, drop everything, and get this very important one done for a good client.  Even when I almost cried yesterday, I took a deep breath, and realigned my perspective.  It's hard.  Especially when its my fault.  But I did it.  My very sweet daughter saw me upset and gave me a warm hug, that helped immensely too :)
Well tonight I am thankful that if all goes as planned, I will be caught up tomorrow!!  I can't wait!  And now I'm off to bed, to wake up early, and kick some butt!!  Maybe THIS time I'll learn my lesson and remember to stick to a schedule.  If I use it, it works.  I know this.  I need to keep remember this . . all . . . the . . . time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment