Monday, October 24, 2016

Drummer Girl

Last May my daughter came up to me and said she wanted to join band.  I told her that she had to go talk to the band instructor.
She did.  And we talked to my other daughter's piano teacher and she said that she could teach percussion.  So this summer, while her friends were zooming around lakes and traveling to strange, new places; my daughter was hard at work.  She had two missing years to make up for if she wanted this to work.
Tonight brought the first band concert of the year.  And I am very happy to report that all that hard work paid off!  She did fantastic!
Tonight I am thankful first of all that my daughter did good tonight!  Even more than that, I'm thankful that she set a goal for herself, went after it, and did awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment