Sunday, October 23, 2016

Now Me

I have found that life seems to be the most fulfilling when you give of yourself to someone else.  Be it your family, a stranger, a friend, or just someone who needs your time.  And this is good.  We were made to give.
The last several months I have been giving all my time.  Kids, work, cheerleading, and all the other kid activities.  I knew this was my plan ahead of time, which makes it easier to keep going.  There is something empowering in the action of choice.  If I had been sucked in to all of this unwittingly, I would have freaked.  But I chose this.  Even when I didn't feel like it, I chose to keep working on the things I put in front of me.
And now, it's time for me.  I've been able to physically run for awhile now.  Not too hard and not too long, but I can do it.  And I haven't made time for that.  I haven't been sleeping enough, eating the right things, exercising enough, or relaxing enough.  That needs to change.
Everything I learned about taking care of my body so that my thyroid can heal has been put on the back burner to make it thru our fall schedule.  My heart was in the right place, but now my body is not.  And now it is time to work on me.
I figure if I devote at least half of the time that I spent on fall sports now on myself, I'll be sitting pretty good.  I'll be feeling much better.  And I'll just be a better me.
For everything there is a season, a season to give, and a season to regroup and refresh.  This is my season to rebuild me.
Tonight I am thankful for the last few months!  It has been great to watch my children flourish in their chosen fall sport - each and every one of them has done absolutely amazing!  It has been a fantastic experience to pour everything I could in to making this cheer program fun and growing - the girls seemed to have fun and enjoy it!  It has been great looking at our financial goals while taking on a small mountain of work.  Everything has been good, and exhausting.  And now, as I walk a slower pace in life for a bit, I rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment