Saturday, October 1, 2016

Tred

This morning the hubster and I split kiddo taxi duties.  I drew swimming lessons with Cody.
Here's why I love taking the kids to swimming lessons - they love it and they have fun.
Here's why I dislike taking the kids to swimming lessons - I see all they ways they could drown.
So the dislike is obviously an irrational based worry on my part.  And I have been trying very, very hard to overcome this thing.
But it's still there.  My little man swam the length of the pool several times.  He used the diving board.  He stopped in the middle of the pool and stayed there treading water.  He looked at me and smiled.  I smiled back at him and completely ignored that little thought of how deep the water was right there.
Ugh!
Tonight I am thankful that my kids are finally "getting" the whole swimming techniques and movements!  I am also thankful that irrational fears can kiss my behind!  I will not let them stop us!

No comments:

Post a Comment