Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Adding On

I wanted to incorporate something selfless in to our Thanksgiving tradition this year.  Don't get me wrong!  I love our Thanksgiving day traditions!  And we have a lot to be thankful for!!  It is always a great day!
Sometimes when a person counts everything they have to be thankful for, they want to give.  And that's where I'm at.  "My cup runneth over".  And guess what that quote is for?  Think about a cup on a saucer.  If the cup runs over, the saucer is there to catch it, so it isn't wasted.  Then the extra can be used.  If a person is blessed with extra in their life, the surplus it to share!!
People may disagree with me here, but I believe that people are made to give.  If you don't believe me, then try it.  Go out and give from your heart to someone who needs whatever you are giving.  It makes you feel a little more alive and gives you a purpose.  It is a part of our make-up.
Well, I think I've come up with a great new thing to add to our Thanksgiving celebration!  When we get back home from Thanksgiving dinner with family, we are going to make up our blessing bags for the winter!  Blessing bags are bags filled with different things to hand out to the homeless.
We are using gallon size bags and filling them with granola bars, water bottles, gloves, a hat, hand warmers, and some tissues.  If we think of anything else, we'll add more too :)  I told the kids and they are excited!
Tonight I am thankful for a good, selfless activity to add to our Thanksgiving day tradition!!  This will be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment