Monday, November 28, 2016

Mediocre

Who else did not feel like working today?  Go ahead, raise your hand . . it's ok.
I went to bed at a reasonable hour last night.  I was setting myself up for an ok Monday.  I was having a bad dream.  And I think maybe I was talking or something, because my cat woke me up.  She usually only wakes me up if I've hit the "snooze" on my alarm.  She doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night.  But she did last night.  Then I couldn't get back to bed.
So I came to my office to do some work.  But I got distracted by cyber Monday online browsing because my sleepy mind didn't want to focus on work.  I went back to bed a few hours later.  Then I woke up even more tired.
Yep, today was a struggle.  I had already planned a long day for myself.  The girls had doctors' appointments today.  So I had to space my work accordingly to take them to that.
I was trying very hard not to be crabby.
My very last appointment was the farthest out that I travel.  And by the time I got there, it was getting fairly dark.  My pictures will all need to be lightened to be visible.  Then I was driving home in the dark and the rain.  And honestly, I was kind of too tired to be truly bothered.
I put on the Christmas radio channel and started singing along.  And there were quite a few Christmas lights on houses on my drive back home.
So although today was a mediocre day, as far as Mondays go; tonight I am thankful for a job that I can move around my kids.  I am thankful to be able to work late so that I can take the kids to their appointments.  I am thankful for Christmas radio channels and Christmas lights on houses.  And I am thankful for being blessed enough to wake up on this Monday to be able to carry out this day . . not everyone is so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment