Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thankful

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
I was up and at 'em at 4:30 this morning!  I bounded out of bed, excited for my own Thanksgiving morning routine!  I quietly went to the basement and got in a quick work-out.  Hopped in the shower, got dressed and ready to go . . . early!  I got online and started checking some online deals.  I got a little distracted there, then hopped in my car and took off to Meijers!!
Ok, now I know some of you are probably against shopping on Thanksgiving.  And you are allowed your opinion.  I am out and back home before anyone misses me.  As for the workers today, I hope that them working did not ruin their day.  And I hope they got paid lots of extra money for working today to help with their own Christmas shopping!!
I got some fantastic deals!!  The first year I did this, I brought back home some donuts for everyone.  Last year I brought home some McDonald's for breakfast and they liked that better.  So this morning I did not buy donuts.  I drove thru town and both McDonald's were closed this morning!  For breakfast, the kids had flavored popcorn from the popcorn tins I bought on sale and ice cream.  They were thankful for that breakfast!!
We made homemade butter while we watched the Macy's parade!  Then it was off to family for Thanksgiving!  We had a wonderful meal!  We enjoyed time with family!  And we planned shopping tomorrow!
Back home we watched Miracle on 34th Street . . . because that is the perfect Thanksgiving to Christmas movie!  Now we are on to A Christmas Story.  I am ready for bed myself.  We'll stay up til the end of the movie though.  Everyone is getting along pretty good :)
Tonight I am thankful for a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I hope everyone enjoyed their day and got to relax with loved ones today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment