Sunday, November 20, 2016

The Kitchen and I

I can be a fabulous cook when I set my mind to it!  Unfortunately for my family, almost the entire fall season, my mind was not set to it.  Life just went too fast and spending hours in the kitchen fell pretty low on my list.
Now I've had a few weeks to calm down a bit.  I'm getting life back in order.  And today the kitchen and I got reacquainted!  Breakfast was pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and eggs.  Lunch was snacks, because that was one big breakfast!!  Dinner was turkey, corn, and homemade bread!  Oh and a mixed berry pie for dessert with ice cream!
I also prepped for this week with a fridge full of sandwiches for lunches, hard boiled eggs, and cleaned and portioned fruits.
Tonight I am thankful for some time in the kitchen today!  It felt great just to be in there, unrushed, making yummy food for my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment