Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Watch Me

Watch me ignore political stuff tonight . . . ready . . . here I go:
I had a cancellation between appointments today, which meant I had about 45 minutes to kill before I had some place to be.  Fortunately I had brought my laptop and some work with me.
I stopped in at a fast food place with free wi-fi and ordered a snack.
The wi-fi was slow.  Normally I would turn my phone's hot spot on and work from my car.  But, I'm switching data plans and something went screwy . . or so says the text that I got stating I was out of data and now be charged at the overage rate.
I started to get a little irritated that I couldn't work as fast as I wanted.  Then I stopped myself.
There I was, with enough work that I couldn't even sit there and relax for 45 minutes.  I was sitting in a restaurant when I wasn't even hungry.  I bought a drink and a snack just to sit there and use the free wi-fi.  I was only after the free wi-fi because I didn't want to pay more on my bill for my cell phone, yet I have a cell phone.  When it was time to go, I drove away from the restaurant in my dependable, cute car.
That whole paragraph was blessed, blessed, blessed, blessed, and blessed.  Really, I had nothing to complain about.
Tonight I am thankful that this is a very blessed life.  There is a lot of anxiety and worry tonight.  But at the end of the day, we all live in a country filled with blessings and blessed opportunities; we just need to look at them and remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment