Friday, December 23, 2016

All Hands On Deck Holiday Emergency!!

A couple weeks ago I posted about the quilt that I had wanted to make for my Grandma for Christmas.  And how the quilt idea didn't really work out.  But, that weekend I brainstormed and transformed the idea a bit, in to something I could handle on my own.
It was the day after that day when I started getting really sick.  It was two days after that that my temperature was a little shy of 103 degrees (I honestly don't remember exactly what it was, I was a bit out of it at the time).  It was three days after that when I went in to the doctor and got the pneumonia diagnosis.
Fast forward two weeks of trying to keep up with work, kids, and minimal holiday plans while trying to rest and keep my temperature below 100, when it really wanted to NOT be below 100; and the blanket still sits where it was that fateful day.  Alright, so I don't even know what plan I'm up to on this thing, maybe Plan G or H?  I'm Not Giving Up!  And, it is obvious that I could not get this thing done how I had planned by the Christmas party at 4 pm tomorrow.
This morning I was scouring the different types of fabric adhesive available at WalMart.  I found the best one for my project, and brought home two cans.  It has taken four hours to properly glue, heat, and attach the photo fabric and ribbons.  This stuff is supposed to be good in the washing machine and dryer.  But I still don't trust it completely.  I mean, come on, this is for my Grandma!  I have to KNOW that it will be good for her!
Tomorrow I will enlist my children that know how to sew, and we are all going to do some re-enforcement stitches in the corners.  I think we can pull it off and make it look decorative.  Then I plan on writing every one's names on the ribbon photo frames.  Of course Grandma knows who we all are!  But some of the photos are a little fuzzy and I don't want her to wonder who she is looking at if she can't find her glasses at night!
Tonight I am thankful for fabric adhesive which should be long-lasting help for my last-minute dilemma!  And I am thankful that two of my children can sew confidently!  The younger two might be getting some crash courses tomorrow morning!  I think this is going to be an all-hands-on-deck situation to get done in time!  But, We Will Get Done In Time!
Merry Christmas Eve, Eve Everyone!
P.S.  The photo isn't the best.  It looks better in person!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment