Thursday, December 22, 2016

Crabby

So here is a day where this blog comes in handy.  A mood like right now is one of the reasons this "experiment" of writing something to be thankful for every day for one year has turned in to many, many years of being thankful!
I am feeling fairly defeated right now.  It has been 10 days since being diagnosed with pneumonia, which makes it a few more days than 10 of feeling like crap.  I've finished all my medication.  I've been diffusing different oils.  I've been taking extra vitamins.  I've been trying to rest more (although that part has been difficult).  So why?  Why have I been going downhill the last few days?  I've been trying so hard to be good.
Doctor says that the pneumonia has cleared up.  Yay!  Now there is bronchitis and who knows what else. Here, have some more medicines to help, was the good doctor's advice.  *sigh*  Christmas is in 3 days.  I have so much to do.  But I'm barking like a dog and getting as tired as a toddler.
This all makes me a bit of a crabby person.
Now is not a good time to be a crabby person.
So, it is time to get rid of the crabbies.
Here I go.  I am thankful that the pneumonia is gone.  I am thankful for medicines to keep me from being contagious so I don't get my family sick.  I am thankful for forceful rest . . because I rarely rest voluntarily.  I am thankful for Christmas time.  I have our special holiday movies to enjoy while I rest.  I am thankful for kiddos home who are trying their best to be good so Mom can get better.  I am thankful that it is me who is not well, and not the children.  I am thankful that bronchitis is as bad as it is.  I am very curable and that is a big blessing!  I am thankful for doctors who are there to help.  And I am thankful for all that I have to be thankful for, so I remember not to stay crabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment