Sunday, December 18, 2016

Making Plans

I've been thinking about 2017 already!  Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying today!  I am looking forward to Christmas and New Years and some fun times with the family!
It is good to have a current plan, a short term plan, and a long term plan!  With my first year of Ethos Real Estate West almost in the books, I'm ready to make some concrete, measurable goals for 2017!
This first year was my get-your-feet-wet year.  I've learned a bit about running the brokerage.  I've had some good ideas and some not-so-great ideas.  The biggest hurdle for me personally has been trying to balance the real estate brokerage and my appraisal business together.  I am blessed with working with wonderful people in both businesses!  And this helps immensely!  But I definitely need some improvement with my personal time spent on both businesses.
Balance . . . yes, this is a biggie on the list for 2017.  2016 was the year for just smashing our financial goals!  Gazelle Intense was running thru my mind as I worked, worked, worked!  And now, Baby Step 2 is done and gone.  Woo Hoo!
Baby Step 3 is slated to be done by March or sooner.  Once that one is done, I'm kicking it down a gear.  That will be fun!  Then I will have more time to invest in the brokerage plans I'm working on now!
There has been a big part of life that I have had goals; although not usually regularly measurable goals.  Mostly this is because I'm not the best at details.  So I set these big goals and then just head in that direction.  This approach has worked for some things in life.  But not all.
I've really noticed this year that I am in an area of life that has required more measurable goals to keep moving forward.  There is a saying, "a goal without a plan is just a dream".  And like all my other plans in life, it is good to have a plan A, plan B, etc. until there is a plan that works!  When plan A doesn't work, it doesn't mean that the whole thing is a failure . . . it just means that it is time to move to plan B!
Tonight I am thankful for setting some good goals for 2017!  The plans are still a work in progress, but I am optimistic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment