Friday, December 30, 2016

Patient for the Sun

Our family likes to go to the movies at the Sun Theater in Williamston.  Maybe once or twice a year we take the kids to the big theater.  We love the small town theater!
Tonight on the way to the theater, I was explaining to the kids why we wait for the movies to get to the Sun.  Just from our estimated calculations, going to the Sun Theater saves us close to $50 when our family goes to the movies!  That includes ticket prices, popcorn, and pop.  That is a pretty big savings in my book, when the movie is exactly the same!
This week, the kids have been waiting all week for to go to the movies!  I had first talked about taking them last Friday, if I remember right.  But this darn body of mine.  Pneumonia, to bronchitis, to a really bad cold has left my body completely and entirely exhausted.  I spent a good part of yesterday in bed . . . again.  I told the kids when I left this morning that I wasn't even promising that we could go tonight.  I had a lot of work to do today.  And I knew that by the time I got home, I would be barely awake . . . again.
I was correct.  I got home and went right to bed.  After a not long enough nap, I donned a hat to hide my tired sickly eyeballs and off we went.
I am happy to report that Muana was way better than the previews!  I didn't think the previews were bad, but they certainly didn't sell the movie for me.  All my kidings agreed too.
Tonight I am thankful for a fun night out with my kiddos at the movies!  I am glad I didn't fall asleep in the theater too!

No comments:

Post a Comment