Saturday, January 28, 2017

Another Set of Eyes

Sometimes I forget.  I forget that there are young eyes watching me.  I don't forget too often.  But I forget with the little things I suppose.
I had an appointment this morning.  I left without makeup on.  When I returned home, it was almost time to leave for basketball games.  I looked at myself in the mirror and saw how tired I looked already.  So I put on some makeup before leaving the house again.
My young daughter noticed that I had put makeup on.  And she asked why I did that.  I told her because I thought looked so tired.  She said, "No you didn't.  You looked beautiful!".
In all truthfulness, I did look tired.  I tire out so easily lately.  But, I am my own worst critic sometimes.
Tonight I am thankful for a pair of big brown eyes, much like my own; but ones that see me in a whole different light than I see myself.  I am thankful for the reminder that maybe I'm ok just the way I am.  And at least I sure am loved just the way I am.
And, just for fun, here is a picture of my crew at our celebratory ice cream after the basketball games!


No comments:

Post a Comment