Sunday, January 8, 2017

Food

The kids have completed over four months of school now.  And I will be the first to admit that I've pretty much sucked at preparing food for them.
Truth be told, the kids are old enough to get their own food in a bag and take it to school for lunch.  But let's be honest . . . they are kids.  So they want to throw candy in a bag and head out the door.  I've audited some lunches.  But overall I haven't been too concerned this school year.
Then I got a call from the school last week.  Both of my girls have the unfortunate situation of inheriting my irritating low blood sugar.  Of course, this can just be an irritating thing in life when proper care is taken to plan diet and eating times accordingly.  One girl is doing much better this year with this.  One girl is not.  
We had a big chat about this last year and things had seemed to improve.  But this year, I haven't been paying attention.  And we are in the same spot again.  So we had another talk about it.  And I found a renewed purpose to be a little more on top of school time food.  
This morning I left the house on a mission!  I got groceries with more than just dinners and "other food" in mind.  Tonight I spent hours in the kitchen prepping food for the week.  And viola!  My kids now have plenty of food and snacks that are healthy and even blood sugar level sustaining in nature!  Here's to a better week of eating for my kiddos!
Tonight I am thankful for the time today to get back in line with food.  Lunch is just the start.  We have better breakfasts here now.  And I will work on a few more choices as the week goes on!  We'll get this!

No comments:

Post a Comment