Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Chauffeur

Confession - I have spent the last two nights sleeping on my office floor.  We have two fold out cots in the attic, but I haven't been motivated enough to go get one.  I used to sleep quite well on the hard floor.  I feel like I still do.  I mean, I'm not waking up at night or anything.  But I have been getting very tired during the day.  I guess I don't sleep as well on the hard floor as I used to!
Today I had several appointments.  I was driving around for about 6 hours in the beautiful sunshine.  I'd get out and freeze at a house for a few minutes.  Then I'd be back in the warm car with the beautiful sunshine.  Sometime around noon I started yawning and yawning and yawning.
Tuesdays are a particular busy night here in our house.  With the hubster still down with the man-flu, I am the only kid-chauffeur at the moment.  I was running out of steam quickly.
For activities at the school, I don't always stay.  I drive back and forth.  We don't live far from the school.  The last kiddo activity tonight was the next town over.  So I wasn't going to be running back home.  I thought about running some errands.  An even better idea was a nap!
This is not the first time I've napped while waiting for children.  I've found it actually to be a good use of time to sleep while children are practicing things :)  It was a perfect use of time tonight!
Tonight I am thankful for a nap in my car!  45 minutes of car snoozing made me feel ready to finish the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment