Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Flexible

You know when someone hits a gong, it makes the loud noise and then it keeps vibrating.  And sometimes you might think it's done.  But then you still hear a little of the vibration left?
That is how I feel.
Last week's flu child was obviously unplanned.  And I am not complaining by any means because thanks to wonderful Thieves oil, it was only the one child who had the flu!  But, I had to move around my appointments to be home Thursday.  Which is fine.  This is one of the good things about my job, is that I can do that.  
However, the work doesn't just go away.  So I moved some appointments to Friday when my sicky boy was feeling well enough to come with me.  I couldn't fit all the appointments on Friday though because there was the big dance that night and I had to be home to chaperone.  I fit another appointment in on Saturday.  But, I couldn't fit everything in on Saturday because we had basketball games, another dance and date night.  I fit the rest of the appointments in on Sunday in between a cookie booth and defrosting from the cookie booth.
I didn't get all my Friday desk work done because I had added additional appointments to that day.  And this trickled on thru the weekend.  With Monday looming big and bright, I cut out some sleep Sunday night.  Almost caught up, but not quite, I cut out more sleep last night.
Here's the thing, I'm still healing.  I can't do this 5 and 6 hours of sleep thing like I used to.  Of course, it is never good to sleep that little, yes I know.  
The good news is that I am almost done with a report and I can go to bed!  Yay!  Hooray!  Hip Hip Hooray!  I feel like my eyelids weight 20 pounds each.
Tonight I am thankful once again for a job that I can move around to fit the needs of my family!  I am thankful that I am almost caught up to where I should be.  And I am thankful for sleep tonight!  I've been looking forward to it all day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment