Thursday, March 23, 2017

Rest

I love how God leads certain people and discussions in to life.
2017 has two majors goals for me.  One is to grow Ethos Real Estate West (which requires a huge transition of mindset on my part, I['m learning).  And the other goal is to get myself healthy and balanced.
Healthy sounds so easy at first.  I need to eat healthy.  I need to sleep more.  Blah, blah, blah. Right?  Maybe not.
I thought at first about doing a diet.  Then I decided no, the goal is health, not just skinnier.  So I'm working on healthier choices.  That is a hurdle itself.
I need more sleep.  That is a painfully obvious truth.  After weeks of getting a little more sleep, last week of not enough sleep was eye opening.  My body was doing things and having issues that it hadn't had in weeks.
I've read correlations between thyroid and adrenal glands.  And I am pretty convinced that any and all of my thyroid issues are lifestyle driven.  There are things to help thyroids.  But I need to change the cause.  I don't know how long it will take me to get enough sleep that my body is finally fully rested.  Mostly, I don't know this because I don't get many opportunities to get extra sleep.  My first goal is to get "enough" sleep per night.  7-8 hours is a goal.  Then I'll go from there and work on recharging myself.
A few days ago I posted on facebook about protein.  Everyone was very helpful!  Then a good friend brought up, why was I looking at protein?  Why?  Well, because that's what a person should do, right?  My dear friend pointed out that a large portion of my diet is protein high foods.  Maybe I don't need to be looking in that direction.  Hmm . . good point friend.  I think I could live off meat and dairy and be a happy gal.
Then I felt a bit lost.  I can't just switch and love all sorts of veggies . . because I think they taste gross.  I'm sorry veggie lovers.  Some of the pretty, colorful plates of veggies make me want to vomit when I get close to them.  I do have a green powder drink of ground up veggies that I sneak in to my day sometimes.  And I have these capsules of ground up veggies that take almost daily.  I try.
Another wonderful friend offered to do a zytoscan for me.  If you haven't heard of that, it is impressive.  I've had it done before and I've watched her do it to others.  You just put your hand on this machine.  It reads your body's frequencies and offers suggestions of what could help.  Today had some more stressful events for me.  My read suggested things that center and calm.  My read also suggested one essential oil to help creativity and resourcefulness.  This is so spot-on with where I am right now trying to maintain life and make these big plans to grow the business this year.  This thing is seriously amazing.  How could it know that about me?
Beyond the scan.  I had a wonderful conversation with my friend.  She is very knowledgeable about essential oils.  And she studies things that go back to the base of people-kind.  We talked about our kids for a bit too.  I mentioned how we have a phone-turn in time for my two phone toting kids.  And I talked about why - the break-away from the drama and stress of others.  The kids are around so much all day at school, they need to come home and unplug and decompress.  And for the first time I turned that thinking on to myself.
I mean, I've known that I don't allot myself a ton of time to relax and unwind.  I have my moments here and there.  But it's not daily.  And it should be.  I have continually pushed myself past my own limits; and been proud that I could do so much.  And I am still proud.  But, the cost is bearing on me.  Which is why I set this year's goal to find health and balance.  My friend brought up how people used to exist; how adrenaline needs time to leave the body and these days we seem to demand a life that exudes adrenaline as we race from one thing to the next . . that wears down the body.  Our bodies weren't designed to function at the constant levels like that.  This I know in my head, but I don't remember nearly enough day to day.
Tonight I am thankful for good friends how have reached out in my stumblings to find health and balance.  This isn't something that should take so long . . but it is going to.  I have pushed so hard for so many years, I have habits to undo and mindsets to unlearn.  Reconnecting to who God intended me to be, is remembering that rest is a big part of that. I mean, on the 7th day, God rested.  And I don't.  That is not the brightest move on my part.  I need to relearn how to rest again, and not just sleep, but actual rest that reaches my core . . . and I will relearn ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment