Sunday, April 16, 2017

Two for One

I was worried about today . .. for almost a year.  It was some time around April of 2016 when my boy realized that in 2017 his birthday would be on Easter.  He was so excited!  His favorite holiday is Easter, and has been for some time now.  He likes Christmas, don't get me wrong.  But he LOVES Easter.
This is our first birthday and holiday combo.  I wanted to make sure there was enough specialness for each kiddo with two special days combined in to one!
About three weeks ago, the soon-to-be-birthday-boy came to me with a cake book.  He had selected a cake for breakfast, one for lunch, and one for dinner.  He was pretty adamant that he should be able to do this since it was his birthday and Easter.  It took awhile to get thru to him that we would only be doing one birthday cake!  Fortunately, once he accepted the news; he was ok with it.
We had vague plans for dinner.  But after a huge Easter lunch with grandparents, we weren't really feeling like dinner.  The birthday boy then decided he wanted Pizza Hut.  I called.  And they were open today.  Well, why not?  So the birthday boy and I took off to get some Pizza Hut.  Besides the pizza, he like the one on one time with Momma too ;)
Back home, his sister had asked if she could make his presents in to a game.  On Easter, the kids always have clues to follow to find their baskets every year.  I love this tradition!  It was one that I used to do when I was a kid too.  And sister wanted to expand the tradition to his presents this year.  It was a great idea!
His clues led him around the yard, back and forth.  And while he was outside, the kids moved the presents in to the table where we had just sang to him and gave him his cake.  When he got back in, he found the irony of running all around outside to come back to the same table he had started from :)  That was funny!
Tonight I am thankful for a wonderful day today!  Everyone seemed to have a wonderful day enjoying Easter and C's birthday!  Happy Easter everyone out there!!  I hope you had a wonderful day too!


No comments:

Post a Comment