Saturday, May 6, 2017

The Hallway

The hallway upstairs is scary.
There are a few boxes that kids took out of the attic and left there.  Then there are things that ended up there when the kids "cleaned" their rooms.  Then the stuff just multiplies.
This past week I had to go upstairs and turn off bedroom lights that children forgot when they left for school.  I tripped on something when my foot got caught.  I still don't know on what.  Luckily the guard rail caught me.  The dog, who likes to sleep on children's beds all day, looked at me like I was crazy.  So I imagine I was quite a spectacle!
Well that was the last straw.  And today, on this beautiful, sunny Saturday, my children were inside the house cleaning the hallway.
Two children got done fairly quickly.  One child was ok.  And one child is just now finishing up . . eight hours after the "clean the hallway" decree was given.
Tonight I am thankful that the hallway is clean!  Hooray!  If you don't believe in miracles, you should now!  The hallway is clean and I didn't have to ground any child for life!  I came close . . . but I didn't . .  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment